Brazil’s center-south sugarcane crush started the 2018-19 harvest 25.64% up from April 2018 to April 16, 2019, compared to the same period a year ago, totaling 22.214 million tons, said the Union of Sugarcane Industry (Unica).
Total ethanol production reached 993 million liters, up 44.65% from a year before, with 137 million liters of anhydrous ethanol (-15.66%) and 856 million liters of hydrous ethanol (+63.33%). Meanwhile, sugar production rose by 0.93%, totaling 714 thousand tons.
Regarding production mix, 68.5% of the raw material obtained was used for ethanol production, while the remaining 31.5% went to sugar production.
Year-to-date, Total Recoverable Sugar (TRS) reached 107.07 kilograms per ton of sugarcane, 0.41% higher than in the same period of the 2017/2018 cycle.